Guest Posting Policy
We welcome contributions to AdventureOrdu.com. The following are the details for those interested in providing content.
The most basic rule is that any post has to fit within the theme of this blog, i.e. the topic needs to be about either
- An experience in Ordu
- A background story of a Turk in Ordu
- Information or story about motorcycling in Turkey, preferably in Ordu or Black Sea Region.
I can not possibly write about everything and everyone in Ordu. There are so many stories to be told and so many adventures to be had that I welcome other people contributing to this blog. If you have a story to be shared, please let me know.
- You have to personally write your post, and you cannot post or publish it anywhere else.
- You can publish a blurb on your blog pointing to your post on adventureordu.com
- Your post cannot simply be an advertisement for your blog or product. You may include one link to your blog/website and one link to your Twitter account and/or Facebook page.
- Your post should not be longer than 1000 words.
I will likely proofread your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If it needs significant changes, I will send it back to you with instructions. I will include an introduction for my readers. This will be clearly different stylistically from your post to keep from confusing the readers. The goal of the introduction will be to help the readers understand why I think your post is important for them to read.
I appreciate your hard work and interest in writing something for my blog. However, just because you send me something does not mean I will necessarily post it. If I judge that it will benefit my readers, and it fits within the overall theme of the website, then I will post it (most likely on a Friday). If not, then I will not.
Either way I will send you a “yes” or “no” reply within a few days after receiving your post. I will most likely not include an explanation as I only have so much time. Of course, if I do reject your submission, you are free to publish it wherever you like.
If you are not scared off by the above guidelines, please email it to me for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include it in the body of the e-mail rather than as an attachment. I will set the font and style but you should have it ready to publish otherwise.
Another part of guest posting on this blog is connecting with the readers. If your post is published, you will be expected to respond to each comment.
I know that many of you have stories to tell that will benefit visitors to Ordu. Please send them my way.
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
- Comments that attack a person individually
Adventure Ordu Blog Disclaimer
Notice: All the policies are subject to change at anytime with or without notice. Please check back from time to time to see updates. These policies are current as of November 6, 2014.